(A través de diseños creativos únicos Escalera, Fotos e inspiración )
Antonio da Sangalo | Palacio Farnese | Roma; Italia | 1484-1546
Andrea Palladio | Palacio Chiericati | Vicenza, Italia | 1559
Hugh Strange architects | Casa Strange | Deptford; Londres; Reino Unido | 2010
Francesco Borromini | Iglesia de Sant’Ivo alla Sapienza | Roma; Italia | 1642-1665
Architect : Alvar Aalto
Year : 1953
Location : Muuratsalo, Finland
"The summerhouse at Muuratsalo is not only a place to live and work but is also a sort of experimental house. It is located in the lake country of north-central Finland, one hour by motor boat from the nearest railroad station. Two wings of equal length set perpendicularly to each other, one containing the living area and the other the bedrooms, form a square court which is closed to the exterior by means of high walls. The exterior walls of this court are developed as mosaic-like experimental walls, divided into about fifty areas in which different types and sizes of brick and ceramic tile with different methods of jointing are used, so as to test their effect from both the aesthetic and practical standpoints. The lean-to roof rises steeply over the living area towards the west wall."
— Karl Fleig, ed. Alvar Aalto. Scarsdale, N.Y.: Wittenborn and Company, 1963. p200.
Sergi Mateos | Adoberias: RESET | Vic; España | 2012
House in Henley-on-Thames / The Manser Practice
(A través de ahorro de espacio Camas y dormitorios )
The mosaic floor. Zippori National Park. The “Nile House”. Israel.
Claude Nicolas Ledoux | Rotonda de la Villete o Aduana Saint-Martin | 1784-1788
Frank Lloyd Wright (American, 1867-1959)
Rose Pauson House, Phoenix, Arizona, 1939-1941
The Rose Pauson House is one of many tragic losses in Frank Lloyd Wright’s career. Despite taking nearly 3 years to design and build, the house lasted only 1 year. It burned in a catastrophic fire in 1943.
After the fire, the stone ruins persisted on the prominent Phoenix hillsite for over 30 years. Covered in tags, the area was called “Ship Rock.” The ultimate desecration of the site occurred when the ruins were moved to a nearby housing development to become the entrance sign for “Alta Vista Estates” (bottom photo).